About Me

My photo
JamesChang. A person when laughs, will sound as if a million hens clucking in joy for laying eggs. A person that is also at times unpredictable and random. On occasions can be so dull that you might catch a cold, yet could be so wild that you might end up with a fever. So stay tuned, and prepare for a rollercoaster ride. Cause life is full of ups and downs.

Soul Food


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tears in Heaven

2 days of exams had drove me onto the wall literally. 2 days 4 cups of coffee *Self hypnotize-Coffee is water, Coffee is water.. * well over my self imposed quota. Well, I dint say it out, but past 2 months i've cut down on coffee. Cause I suspect i was addicted to it.. so i kinda experimented.

Then when I got back into a coffee spree.. it is as if my body have some allergic reaction to it. When I gulp down a cup of coffee my heart beat pumps up. And it persisted for like .. a couple of hours. Two nights, TWO, I fall asleep feeling my heartbeat beating the crap out of my chest. Still, a weird kinda experience. Well, I'm weird. Proud of it. =P

Was scrolling through my old phone's media files and I bumped onto this song. Damn i miss it so much. =D Its my current blog song. 'Tears in Heaven'.

Bumped onto this post too.. and I find it pretty encouraging. Given that I am struggling every single moment there is this year thinking about what should I study and what occupation I should pursue.

Work is love made visible. —Kahlil Gibran

About 80% of people are unhappy at work, and 20% are happy. Our culture has separated work from passion, and taught us to prefer a higher paycheck to higher happiness. That mistake costs us our souls. The goal of career development is to uncover one's gifts and passions, and to link them to the practical needs of the world. We call that "being in the right place," "finding a good fit," or "making the best use of one's talents."

In What Color Is Your Parachute? my mentor, Dick Bolles, quotes Fred Buechner, who writes, "There are all different kinds of voices calling you to all different kinds of work . . . (and) the place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." [2001 Edition, page 57.]

High compensation and high happiness are not incompatible. It's not that we shouldn't seek money, and lots of it; many of our clients do. But we should first seek to love, or at least to like, what we're doing. That's the realization of our highest calling.


Well. I need to make my decision. No matter what, the decision must be Mine to make, no one should plan my future except me and me alone. My occupation, for sure, will not cost me my soul. LOL.

Oh and I AM ONLINE!!! LOL. Gonna have my modem back for Two weeks at least. Then I will be cut off again =(

Sometimes when life felt like its not worth living, My dreams are the only thing that says otherwise.

0 Orange!!:

- Hit Count -