About Me

My photo
JamesChang. A person when laughs, will sound as if a million hens clucking in joy for laying eggs. A person that is also at times unpredictable and random. On occasions can be so dull that you might catch a cold, yet could be so wild that you might end up with a fever. So stay tuned, and prepare for a rollercoaster ride. Cause life is full of ups and downs.

Soul Food


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Country?

Let's see. I have a birth cert saying my time date and location where I was born. It is here.

Well then ... my parent's have just the same card .. and It is from here too.

And since I was small .. I just seem to live in this peaceful little town in a small cozy house with awesome parents. And it is in here.

Now I have a identity card, which also says I belong here.

Also I have a passport that tells me I am from here.

My dad also have a shop , and he is earning a living here.

Here. I suppose I will not deny that I am a pure breed Malaysian. Even though we Malaysian are a mix .. I suppose that is what makes us unique. Right? 53 years of independence has surely changed my country.

I would not close my eyes and claim that 53years of independence has been a smooth ride. In fact it was a quite bumpy one, with all the problems and issues both domestic and foreign. Even I am not around for the entire 53years but living here for 19years is enough to make me realize that governing and living in a multicultural nation is a constant challenge to everyone. There will always be an old problem unsolved and at the mean time new issues will emerge.

Admitting and being proud of being apart of something is 2 different matters. I would admit I am a Malaysian cause there every single detail of my past and almost everything I am now is related to this country. However as for being proud, well, i suppose this is different. I would like to be proud of this country, its like who doesnt wanna be proud of the place there are from? however with the recent racisim issues and political problems I find it hard to do so. Especially one of the most outrages ones from some headmistress that ask both us Chinese and Indians to go back home. Whats more , there are people that support this idea.

Well, why ask us to go back? Both races has agreed and admitted that they are now Malaysian. And we have contributed our blood and sweat to the development of this country of course in return we are provided with a safe haven. But more than that, we fought together for this country even before its formation and after. Isnt our 5 decade long history enough to let us all compromise and tolerate and cohabit more peacefully? Well, for one I know if country leaders and political leaders start dishing out comments and statements without their vocal brains our coexistance will be short lived.

Why state out false yet sensitive comments? And those that would hurt? I am a Chinese. And when what I saw what the Headmistress wrote, I really do feel like giving her a slap. Even if she is a lady. Cause she really do need that slap to wake her up from the bubble. And to those who supported that idea, I am really disappointed with such childish and primitive thoughts. Our country's education system do not bring up people like this. What bothers me more, is that she is a headmistress. Wth, She is suppose to be setting an example for the new generation. And frankly what she is doing now is not going to assure a harmony society in the future.

Diversity. It's always the assurance of survival. History thought us countless of times that nations survive because it is diverse enough. Although it also requires other factors but we will come to that on some other time. Even the survival of a species also thought us clearly that being diverse is the key. So with our nations being diverse, instead of being pessimist why not be optimistic? Instead holding a grudge against each other cause the sins of our fathers why not we move forward and work on our own specialized fields to improve this land we called our home? I know this sounds naive and that there would always be more complicated situations. But I believe if politicians & leaders would set their interest as for the greater good for everyone instead of a specific race(I am not pointing any fingers here).. I believe alot problems we have now can be solved and we can move on to tackle the actual more complicated problems.

Still. This is just my personal opinion. Freedom of speech eh?


Happy Birthday Malaysia. A country unlike any other in this world.

0 Orange!!:

- Hit Count -